Newark Housing Authority
Executive Director: Marie Wasman
|Address: || |
200 Driving Park Circle, P.O. Box 108
Newark, NY 14513
| || |
|Phone Number: ||(315)331-1574, ext. 21|
|Fax Number: ||(315)331-0972|
| || |
|Hours: || |
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Which should I apply for?
- 200 East - if you are 62 or older, or disabled and are a single or couple.
- Northview and Windsong Terrace - if you are family (disabled or non-disabled) in need of 2, 3, or 4 bedrooms.
- Section 8 - if you are disabled or non-disabled; single or a family
200 East is centrally located in Newark, near grocery stores, pharmacies, churches, Senior Citizen lunch programs, and doctors.
- All apartments have 1 bedroom and include stove, refrigerator, trash removal, cable TV, and all utilities except phone.
- On-site laundry facilities are also provided.
- A Service Coordinator is available to assist residents.
- Community rooms are also available for the use of all residents and group activities are frequently held and encouraged.
Northview and Windsong Terrace:
Single homes for families in need of 2, 3, or 4 bedrooms.
- Each home has a yard and includes stove, refrigerator, and trash removal.
- Playground and basketball court is available at each complex for all residents' enjoyment.
Section 8 is a rental assistance program which allows participants to locate an apartment, house, or trailer anywhere in Wayne County. If the unit meets HUD and Newark Housing Authority criteria, the family will receive assistance to pay their rent. The assistance will be paid directly to the landlord.
Rents for all of our programs are based on 30% of household income. A deduction is given at Northview and Windsong Terrace toward utility expenses.